Before the French revolution in the monastery of the order of the Trinitaires (Triniteinen) in Douai. Between 1789 and 1799 confiscated by the French State. In 1860 from private property of Bigant in Douai sold to the museum.Taken from the Mandijn-Huysgroep. Probably based on a lost composition by Bosch, a copy of which is kept in the Groeningenmuseum in Bruges, the central panel of a triptych. The composition is similar to the painting that for last, in 2016 was signaled at a private collection in the Netherlands.