Adoration of the Magi, The (copy of the Prado central panel) - Banbury - Warwickshire
Anonymous Flemish painter
1495 - 1520
Banbury - Warwickshire (England); Upton House - Viscount Bearsted Collection (Acc. nr. 143)
Oil on wood
91,4 x 72,9 (central panel); 88,3 x 28,9 (side-panels)
42 - ill. 13/14
De Vrij catalogue:
Triptych. The central panel is similar to a good copy of the original painting of the central panel in The Museo Nacional del Prado in Madrid.
Also look at the painting with closed side-panels (Christ before Pilate)
Owned by Henry Danby Seymour in London in 1854; Purchased in 1936 by Robert Langton Douglas in London (from Miss Seymour's estate), who resold it to art dealer Vitale Bloch in London in the same year. Acquired in 1937 by Walter Samuel, 2nd Viscount Baersted. Donated to National Trust in 1948.
Website 'wikimedia.org'’ – Follower of Hieronymus Bosch – Adoration of the Magi – Upton House (open).